Additional recommended reading for this topic:
After reading these three Press Brake chapters you should be able to:
- Explain the differences between leaf brakes, press brakes and stamping presses.
- Define the various types of press brakes and their best places in the industry.
- Discuss the tooling that is best suited for each type of press brake.
- Explain why mechanical press brakes are not the best option.
- Explain how mechanical error and clearance effects consistency.
- Define the three different modes of operation: MDI, Angle and Graphics.
- Explain why “Gauge Blocks” are necessary for referencing the backgauge for
legacy planed tooling.
- Define the three different origin procedures used on press brakes.
- Describe the various controller functions Bend Allowance, Ram Depth, Retract, etc.
- Explain why the ram must open further (open height) in Angle and Graphic modes.
If you think that you are ready, the review questions are located below. Your answers will be corrected and emailed to you after the submit button has been pushed.
If you scored well and are happy with the results proceed to the next section Press Brake Tooling. If you were not satisfied with your performance you may wish to start this section over or review the chapter(s) you feel need reviewing from the list below. Feel free to take this quiz as many times as necessary until you are comfortable with the results.
Press Brake Tooling