Additional recommended reading
October: A grand unifying theory of bending on a press brake – part 1
November: A grand unifying theory of bending on a press brake – part 2
December: A grand unifying theory of bending on a press brake – part 3
After reviewing the seven “Bend Functions” chapters you should be able to:
- Define what the Bend Functions are.
- How to calculate all of Bend Functions and apply them.
- Define the different variables that affect Bend Function calculations.
- Discuss the differences between a minimum radius and a sharp bend.
- Explain springback and springforward and their effects on forming.
- Explain the 20% rule and why there are various percentages employed.
- Define the three different methods of forming.
- Discuss the differences between bottom bending and air forming.
- Explain how the different methods air, bottom and coin create the bend radius.
- Explain how the inside radius effects the Bend Functions.
If you think that you are ready, the review questions are located below. Your answers will be corrected and emailed to you after the submit button has been pushed.
If you scored well and are happy with the results proceed to the next section on Press Brakes. If you were not satisfied with your performance you may wish to start this section over or review the chapter(s) you feel need reviewing from the list below. Feel free to take this quiz as many times as necessary until you are comfortable with the results. Note that these quizzes are not scored for points.