- Explain the bump radius operation and to discuss the difficulties of this operation.
- Describe the ways to avoid bump forming issues.
- Describe Deep Box forming and to define the limits.
- Define the differences between balanced and unbalanced tooling.
- Explain proper side gauging techniques.
- Describe gauging techniques such as “Pin Gauging” or “Laser Stitching”.
- Explain proper forming order techniques and how it relates to setup and tooling.
- Describe safety features of the press brake: shut height, mute point, pinch point, etc.
- Explain why precision ground tooling is more dangerous that traditional planed tooling.
- Explain the need to properly origin the press brake even if it requires extra tooling to do so.
If you think that you are ready, the review questions are located below. Your answers will be corrected and emailed to you after the submit button has been pushed.